- Some permissions can be set company-wide from Company Settings (see About Company Settings). The following steps are found in individual team member permissions in team member Details (My Team).
- Only account administrators and managers can adjust permissions for a team member.
- When a team member is made a manager in QuickBooks Time, they can adjust permissions for their group or crew only.
To access team member Details, go to My Team, and select a team member.
- General: Name, contact information, pay information (visible for admins only), and group assignment.
- Permissions: User type and what a team member can see and manage. See below for more detailed information.
- Jobs: Jobs or customers under which a team member can clock in or out.
- Time Off: Types of time off that a team member can submit.
- Overtime: Settings that determine overtime calculations.
- Location: Requirement that GPS must be turned on for the team member to clock in.
- Notifications: Clock in/out reminders and notification method(s).
Default user types:
There are four default user types that determine permission levels. After selecting a user type, adjust individual permissions as necessary.
- Administrator: All permissions
- Payroll Manager: View timesheet reports for all team members and Approve timesheets for all team members
- Custom: None
- Worker: None
Additional permissions settings:
- Account management: Only administrators can make adjustments to their company's QuickBooks Time account and company settings. An administrator may set more than one team member as an administrator.
- Mobile time entry: Authorizes users to clock in and out from any internet-capable mobile device. This permission is also needed to clock in via Dial-in and Text Messaging. See Enable team members to clock in and out via mobile.
- See "Who's Working" for entire company: Allows users to see the Who's Working window, which displays a list of team members that are clocked in.
- Manage my timesheets: Allows users to sign in from anywhere and manage all aspects of their timesheets.
- View timesheet reports for all team members: Allows users to view and download all reports except the approvals report. See How to Run a Report.
- Approve/reject timesheets for all team members: Allows users to also view the approvals report and approve, unapprove, and reject timesheets.
- Manage timesheets for all team members: Allows users to view, edit, or delete a timesheet.
- Manage authorization: Allows user to authorize and unauthorize computers for clocking in and out. See How to Restrict or Unrestrict Clock-in Computers or Locations.
- Manage employees and groups: Allows users to manage team member settings (See: How to create and manage team members) and group settings (See How to create and manage team member groups).
- Manage Job Codes (or Customers) for Company: Allows user to create, manage, or delete job codes or customers.
- View and Manage Schedules: Allows users to view and/or manage their own schedule, their group's schedule, or the entire company's schedule. See How to Set and Change Schedule Permissions.