Learn how to process an ACH bank transfer for your customer’s sales receipt or invoice in QuickBooks Online.
Say goodbye to paper checks and hectic bank runs. Just get your customer’s authorization and you can accept ACH payments right in your QuickBooks. You can choose to save their bank info, so you don’t have to re-enter it for future use. Here's how.
|Note: Set up QuickBooks Payments now so you can accept bank transfer payments in your QuickBooks Online account. You can also set up autopay for recurring invoices so you no longer have to keep track of your customer's payment information.|
Step 1: Select the transaction to receive payment for
You can process a bank transfer payment now for an invoice or sales receipt. Or add your customer's bank info to a recurring sales receipt.
Step 2: Enter your customer’s bank info
- Select Enter Bank info.
- Add your customer’s Account Number, Account Type, Routing Number, and Name.
- Select Use this account information in the future.
- Don't forget to select this if you're adding payment info to a recurring sales receipt.
- If you don’t have to save the bank info, you have 10 minutes to process the payment.
Step 3: Get authorization
You should get the customer’s authorization before you save the information. You can print an authorization paper, then let your customer fill it out and sign it.
Updating a recurring sales receipt?
Select Save template to save your customer's payment info.
You can skip step 4. The receipt will automatically process the ACH payment on the next scheduled charge date.
Step 4: Process the payment
- On the transaction form, select I have authorization and would like to process this transaction.
- Review the transaction, then Save and send.
- Make any changes to the email message to your customer, then Send and close.
|Tip: With QuickBooks Payments, you can also let your customers pay right in their online invoices. Learn more.|