Learn how to fix instant deposit issues in QuickBooks Online.
If you ever run into issues like, if an instant deposit is slow or unsuccessful, or you see unexpected changes, here’s what to do.
What to do if you don't see the instant deposit feature
Sign up for QuickBooks Payments to get instant deposits for the customer payments you process in QuickBooks Online.
Only eligible QuickBooks Payments users can sign up for instant deposits. You'll see a message in QuickBooks Online if you’re eligible.
Once you set it up, eligible transactions will show as available for instant deposits. Not all payments are eligible for instant deposits. QuickBooks checks every transaction for eligibility and only shows eligible payments as part of your available funds.
Why you may see an unexpected charge for an instant deposit
Instant deposit fees are 1.75% of the total deposit amount. This fee is in addition to the standard fees for processing customer payments.
If you have an unexpected charge, it may be because of the following:
- The fee is the additional 1.75% for bank transfer (ACH) payments. This fee applies to both instant and standard deposits.
- Another user who processes your customer payments may have requested an instant deposit.
- You scheduled eligible payments in your available balance to instantly deposit. Scheduled deposits run automatically.
If you don’t want instant deposits to run automatically:
- Go to Settings ⚙, then select Account and Settings.
- Select Payments, then go to the Deposit Speed section.
- Select Change next to Scheduled instant deposits.
- Uncheck the days to stop automatic instant deposit for those days.
- Select Save schedule.
You now need to manually request instant deposits.
Tip: We usually waive the 1.75% fee if you use your QuickBooks Cash Debit Card for instant deposits.
What to do if your available balance is different than you expect
When you process customer payments, they may become part of the available balance for an instant deposit. You won't see anything in your available balance if:
- You haven't processed any customer payments for the day.
- The customer payments aren't eligible for instant deposits. Ineligible payments aren't included as part of your available balance.
- You already used Instant Deposit five times in one day, or you reached your daily amount limit. Your limit resets daily.
- The processed customer payments are under review. Learn more about why we may hold funds.
- After 3 PM PT, your available balance is batched and deposited at the standard speed. You'll need to wait until you process new customer payments to get an instant deposit.
Note: Customer payments you receive between 2 and 3 PM PT can't be scheduled for instant deposits. We deposit them at the normal speed. If you need the money sooner, you need to manually request an instant deposit before 3 PM PT
How to void an instant deposit
You can't void instant deposits once you request them. This includes specific customer payments that are part of an instant deposit.
Important: Instant Deposit is an additional service offered by QuickBooks Payments subject to eligibility criteria. Your QuickBooks Payments account must be active and in good standing for you to participate. Payments are sent to the bank account linked to an eligible debit card in minutes (up to 30 minutes). Deposit times may vary due to third-party delays. For more information, review your merchant agreement
QuickBooks Payments account subject to eligibility criteria, credit, and application approval. Intuit Payments Inc. provides money movement services. It’s also licensed as a Money Transmitter by the New York State Department of Financial Services.