Learn how to connect your Amazon Business account so you can track your purchases in QuickBooks Online.
Connect your Amazon Business account to QuickBooks with the Amazon Business Purchases app. It brings your Amazon Business purchases into QuickBooks with all the details, so QuickBooks can categorize and link them to your bank or credit card records. All you have to do is review and approve the work.
Important: As of March 13, 2023, Amazon Business will update their services and you'll need to reconnect the app to continue to have your data come into QuickBooks. Don’t worry, there are no changes to the app itself.
To reconnect, you'll be prompted in product, via email, or you can start the process here.
Note: This app can’t connect your personal Amazon.com account or Amazon Seller account to QuickBooks.
Set up the connection
- Sign in to your QuickBooks account as an admin.
- Go to Amazon Business Purchases app page.
- Select Get app now.
- When prompted, sign in to your Amazon Business account as the primary administrator.
- Select the import start date. All of the Amazon Business purchases you made on or after that date will sync with QuickBooks for your review. This date can’t be changed.
- Select Finish.
The app imports your Amazon Business purchases into QuickBooks. It may take a moment to complete. After the first import, the app checks your Amazon Business account once a day and brings the latest transactions into QuickBooks.
Review your Amazon Business purchases
When your Amazon Business purchases appear in QuickBooks, you’re ready to review and add them to your books.
- Go to Transactions, then select App transactions (Take me there).
- Go to the For review tab. Your Amazon Business purchases and returns appear in the list, with details like product description, quantity, purchase price, and fee breakdowns.
- For each transaction, select an action you can take, depending on the status:
- Add or Match: This purchase is ready to add to your books. If QuickBooks is connected to the bank or credit card account you made the purchase with, you can match it to a specific transaction that’s already in your books.
- Review: QuickBooks doesn’t yet recognize the bank or credit card account you used for the purchase. You can confirm the account already exists in QuickBooks, or you can add a new account to your Chart of Accounts.
How to handle returns: Like your purchases, your Amazon Business returns go into QuickBooks for you to review and add to your books. Just make sure the return has the same category as the original purchase so your accounting stays correct.