Learn how to add your bank and credit card accounts to QuickBooks Online and download your transactions.
Online banking, or bank feeds, saves time so you don’t have to enter anything manually. Once you connect your accounts, transactions will download and categorize. All you have to do is approve them.
To watch more how-to videos, visit our video section.
Step 1: Connect a bank or credit card account
You can connect as many business and personal accounts as you want.
Note: If your BBVA account specifically is not refreshing the data please, clic here to see the possible reason and how to solve it.
Note: American Express Business accounts require a few different steps. Learn how to connect an American Express Business card.
- Go to Bookkeeping then Transactions then select Bank transactions (Take me there), or go to Banking (Take me there).
- If this is the first bank account you’ve set up, select Connect account. Or select Link account if you already created one.
Note: If you come over from QuickBooks Desktop, you'll have to connect your bank/credit card accounts again for security reasons.
- In the search field, enter the name for your bank, credit card, or credit union. Note: If you can’t find your bank but still want to add your transactions, you can manually upload your bank transactions.
- Select Continue. Then sign in to your bank with your user ID and password.
- Follow the on-screen steps. This might include security checks your bank requires. It could take a few minutes to connect.
- Select the accounts you want to connect, then select the account type ▼dropdown. Choose the account type that matches your chart of accounts in QuickBooks.
- Select how far back you want to download transactions. Some banks let you download the last 90 days of transactions. Others can go back as far as 24 months.
- Select Connect.
Step 2: Download recent transactions
QuickBooks downloads transactions so you don't have to enter them manually. Refresh the bank feed to download your latest transactions.
Step 3: Categorize downloaded transactions
Once QuickBooks downloads your transactions, you'll want need to review and categorize your transactions to make sure they’re categorized right.