Learn what to do if QuickBooks Online can’t find a match while you’re reviewing downloaded bank and credit card transactions.
When you connect your bank and credit card accounts to QuickBooks, it downloads your recent bank and credit card transactions. Then it automatically matches them with any records you’ve created in QuickBooks.
If QuickBooks can’t find a match, or shows the wrong match, while you’re in the For Review tab, it’s no problem. Here’s how to find the right match, or create a new record if there isn’t a match.
If QuickBooks makes the wrong match
If QuickBooks tries to make a match, but you know you haven’t entered a matching transaction, don’t select Match. Instead, start a new record by choosing Add.
- Select the transaction to expand the view.
- Change the selection from Match to Add. You can also do this if QuickBooks incorrectly selects “Record transfer.”
- Select the Payee and Category.
- Select Add.
- Go to the Reviewed tab.
- Find and open the transaction.
- Add any other details you need.