Learn how to sell bitcoin with your QuickBooks Checking account. Track your holdings where you manage your cash flow.
The bitcoin buy and sell features for QuickBooks Online are being discontinued.
- August 14, 2023 - The last day to buy bitcoin.
- October 30, 2023 - The last day to sell bitcoin.
- October 30, 2024 - The last day to access tax forms and account history for bitcoin in QBO.
Bitcoin is a cryptocurrency that is bought and sold as a digital asset, and used to pay for goods and services. However, in QuickBooks, you can only hold bitcoin.
You must be the primary principal on file for the QuickBooks Checking account to sell bitcoin.
To sell bitcoin
- Go to the Crypto page.
- Select Sell.
- Enter the amount you want to sell in US dollars. You can choose one of the preselected amounts or enter a custom amount.
- Follow the prompts to verify your account.
- Review the details of your transaction and select Confirm sell.
- Note: You’ll have 20 seconds to complete the transaction before your price quote expires. If you don’t complete in time, the price quote will refresh and you must start again.
- Select Done for the confirmation of your purchase.
Review transactions, track holdings, and download documents
You can access and review a complete list of your bitcoin transactions, tax documents, and disclosures from the Crypto page. You can track your portfolio and the live bitcoin market price. All admins can view the trading history.
To locate the document, disclosure, or transaction you want to download:
- Select the download icon ⬇.
- Use the filter (v) to search by various time frames.
Check out our frequently asked questions for more info.