Learn what to do if emails aren't using a template you created.
If you created a new email template and sent emails but QuickBooks still uses your old template, don't worry. Here are two ways to apply your new template.
Solution 1: Copy and paste the correct message before sending the email
- Go to the Edit menu and select Preferences.
- Select the Send Forms menu and then the Company Preferences tab.
- Highlight the template you want to use and select Edit.
- Copy the message body text.
- Go to the File menu and select Send Forms.
- Select the email you want to send. Paste the copied text into the body section. Note: If you're using QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise, you select Edit Email first.
- Select Send Now.
Solution 2: Reset your email later settings
- Find and open the transaction you want to send.
- Select to uncheck Email Later box. Then select Save & Close.
- Reopen the transaction. Select to check the Email Later box. Then select Save & Close.
This puts the transaction back to the email queue. It should now use your new default template.