Get help when you get an unrecoverable error when you try to record merchant service deposits in QuickBooks Desktop.
If you see an unrecoverable error when you try to load Record Merchant Service Deposits in QuickBooks, this may be caused by:
- A merchant who doesn't have full admin rights and tries to make a deposit
- A merchant accountis signed in to the same company file on two workstations
- Damage to QuickBooks
- Data corruption
Solution 1: Assign full admin rights to your merchant account user
- Sign in to merchantcenter.intuit.com.
- Go to Accounts, then select Users.
- Assign full admin rights to the user you'd like.
- Try to Record Merchant Service Deposits again.
If you're still getting an error, go to Solution 2.
Solution 2: Verify user sign in
You can’t sign in to the company file on two different workstations with the same merchant account. Make sure you sign in with your merchant account on only one workstation.
Solution 3: Fix data damage
If you have any damage to your company file, you'll want to fix data damage on your QuickBooks Desktop company file.
Solution 4: Install QuickBooks Desktop again
When you install QuickBooks Desktop again, you install the QuickBooks components and its installation files to a new folder in the same location. This can resolve many issues.