Learn how to pay third-party agencies for your benefits or deductions in QuickBooks Online Payroll and QuickBooks Desktop Payroll.
In QuickBooks, you can set up scheduled payments and create checks to pay benefits and other deductions to your plan administrators, such as 401(k), insurance premiums, or garnishments. This helps you stay on top of your bills and payments.
Follow the steps below for your product.
|Note: Not sure which payroll service you have? Here's how to find your payroll service.
QuickBooks Online Payroll doesn't create the check to pay non-tax liabilities such as Health Insurance premiums, 401(k) contributions, and Child Support. You'll need to create these payments from the Check screen.
QuickBooks Desktop Payroll
Need to pay taxes or file federal forms? Use these links for more info.
- If you use QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Assisted, we pay and file your taxes and forms for you
- If you use QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Basic, Standard, or Enhanced:
- For Federal taxes, see E-file and e-pay federal forms and taxes in QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Enhanced
- For State taxes, see E-file and e-pay state forms and taxes in QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Enhanced
- To pay taxes manually, see Pay and file your payroll taxes and forms manually in QuickBooks Desktop Payroll.