Learn what to do when you receive the alert “Some QuickBooks Payments deposits weren’t automatically recorded” in QuickBooks Online.
If there’s a matching sales receipt or payment on an invoice, QuickBooks automatically adds the deposit.
If it doesn't, you’ll get an alert “Some QuickBooks Payments deposits weren't automatically recorded. After you receive the funds in your account, record them manually as a Bank Deposit.”
We’ll show you how to match and record your deposits.
Note: If you process payments in the Merchant Service Center, your deposits won’t import into QuickBooks Online. You’ll have to add them manually. Whenever possible, process payments in QuickBooks Online so you don’t have to do this.
Step 1: Find out which payments are in the deposit
Look at your latest deposits and check the payments. Find out which one isn’t recorded in QuickBooks.
- Go to Settings ⚙, then select Account and settings.
- Select Payments, then Manage Account.
- Select Activity & Reports, then Deposits.
- Select the latest deposit to see the individual payments.
Step 2: Record the deposit in QuickBooks Online
To match your total deposits, record all the missing transactions in QuickBooks Online. Here’s how.
- Go to + New, then select Bank deposit.
- Select the QuickBooks Payments section.
- Match the payments in the list with the payments in the Merchant Service Center report.
- Select Save, then Close.
Note: If the total deposit doesn't match, add the sales in QuickBooks Online and add them to the deposit. Or, use the Add funds in the deposit section.
Set an account to deposit the payments to
To prevent this from happening, make sure your deposits go to the right accounts.