Learn how to move your customers, vendors, products, and services, and accounts from QuickBooks Online to QuickBooks Desktop.
If you need a hand moving from QuickBooks Online to Desktop, you have options. You can find apps to help you move transaction data like invoices, estimates, and bills from QuickBooks Apps.
We recommend you back up your data prior to any changes.
Already canceled your QuickBooks Online? Don’t worry. You still have access to your data for a year - plenty of time to move everything you need.
Note: Before you start, reach out to your accountant. Make sure this change is right for you. Don't have an accountant? We can help you find one.
Move your accounts, customers, vendors, and opening balances
Keep in mind that this won’t bring over transactions associated with your customers, vendors, or accounts, just their current open balances in QuickBooks Online. If you want to move your transactions too, export all of your data.
- Sign in.
- Go to Reports (Take me there).
- Search for and open an Account List, Customer Contact List, or Vendor Contact List.
- On the report, select Customize.
- Select Rows and Columns and then Change columns.
- Select and reorder columns. Check the table below to learn what columns to select and their correct order:
Column order for each list report
|Customer Contact List
|Vendor Contact List
When you're done, select Run report. Then follow the steps to export the report, and save it in a folder you can quickly access.
Move your products and services
Let's get you started with QuickBooks Desktop.
- Connect your bank and credit card to your desktop file. Once you connect, it's easy to download transactions.
- Add checks to record your checking activity.
- Create and send an invoice as soon as you finish a job.
Go visit our QuickBooks Community to learn more.