The Online Payroll system does not create the check to pay non-tax liabilities such as Health Insurance premiums, 401(k) contributions, and Child Support. You will need to create these payments from the Check screen:
Create a liability check
- Select + New.
- Select Check.
- From the Bank Account dropdown, choose the account you use for liability payments.
- From the Choose a payee dropdown, choose the vendor.
- In the Account details section, select the account you use for tracking your liability payments then enter the amount.If you’re not sure which account/s to select, follow these steps to check your liability preferences:
- Select Payroll menu.
- Go to the Employees tab then select Payroll Setup.
- In the center column, select Accounting.
- Under the Tax Liability Accounts, you will see your current liability preferences.
- If you have sub-accounts for each agency you are paying, make sure to point to those specific accounts and enter the appropriate amount for the agency.
- Fill in the rest of the check as you normally would then select Save.
- If you want to just create the check now and print later, put a check mark on the To be printed box then select Save.
- If you are ready to print the check , select Print Check . This will open the Print Checks Setup screen with the check waiting to be printed. Print the check as you normally would.
Set up recurring transactions
To make sure your liabilities are paid on time, we suggest setting up recurring transactions to remind you when these payments are due. Here's how:
- Follow the steps in creating a liability check.
- Select Make Recurring.
- In the Recurring Check section:
- Enter a template name that will help you remember what the liability payment is for.
- Set template type to Reminder.
- Enter the # of days in which you want to be reminded about the payment.
- Based on the payment schedule, select the appropriate interval for the transaction to be entered.
- Choose the Start date and End date (if any) for the recurring check .
- Select Save Template.