While updating QuickBooks Desktop or downloading a payroll update, you receive one of these error messages:
Error 15223: The QuickBooks Desktop update did not complete successfully.
Error 15223: Cannot connect to QuickBooks Desktop Payroll.
These errors may be caused by the following:
- Damaged Windows files
- Incorrect configuration of Internet Explorer
- Internet Explorer Digital Signatures need to be updated
To resolve Error 15223:
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Select the Gear icon, then Internet Options.
- Go to the Advanced tab.
- Under Security, locate Use TLS 1.0, TLS 1.1, and Use TLS 1.2..
- Make sure Use TLS 1.0 is unchecked while Use TLS 1.1 and Use TLS 1.1 are checked.
- Select Apply, then OK. Retry the update.
- If you still receive the error, uninstall and install QuickBooks Desktop in Selective Startup, then retry the update.
- Retry the update.
- If the error persists, follow these steps: