Learn how to take over billing for clients who currently pay for their own QuickBooks Online subscription. Or move existing ProAdvisor Preferred Pricing clients from another accounting firm.
- ProAdvisor Preferred Pricing replaced the wholesale discount program for new subscriptions added on or after July 15, 2021.
- Payroll free trials don't apply to ProAdvisor discount units.
If your clients pay for QuickBooks Online, or still use their prior firm's wholesale or ProAdvisor discount plan, you can move them to your Firm's Billing.
When you add a client with a current QuickBooks Online subscription to ProAdvisor Preferred Pricing program, we bill them at the standard rate with no promotional discounts. Your firm covers the costs and billing for them from now on.
Take over billing for a client
If you can’t move a client to the ProAdvisor Preferred Pricing, check the Eligible to Transfer column. These are the most frequent messages we see.
- No (permission needed) - The Primary Admin needs to grant permission to the Accountant to take over their billing.
- No (different Billing system) - A service attached to the company makes it ineligible to transfer, like QB Live, Form Fly, or 1099 efile.
- No (in progress) - Result of an invalid address on either the client or accountant company. The address listed in Account and settings should match how it shows at USPS Address Look-up Zip Code.
- No (annual billing) - Customers who are on annual billing payments need to switch to monthly billing.
If none of these apply, you may need to contact support.
Note: If your client has the following products, active or canceled, attached to their QuickBooks Online subscription, you can't add them to your ProAdvisor Preferred Pricing program.
- QuickBooks Live Bookkeeping
- QuickBooks Online Contractor Direct Deposit