Learn more about QuickBooks Online instant deposits.
With QuickBooks Online Payments, you can get an instant deposit for your credit card and bank transfer payments.
Where can I see the fees I’ve paid?
- Select Sales, then select Deposits.
- Select the deposit and you’ll see the transactions included and a breakdown of the fees.
You can also review the fees you’ve paid on your monthly statement.
- Select Settings ⚙, then select Account and Settings.
- Select Payments.
- Select Documents, then select the monthly statement you’d like to review.
Which account will I see the fees paid from?
The 1% instant deposit fee is removed from the bank account on file for QuickBooks Payments the next business day.
Note: Your linked debit card might be different from the bank account you have on file.
Where will the instant deposit funds be deposited?
The funds will deposit to the bank account for the debit card you set up for instant deposit.
Note: This may or may not be the same bank you have associated with your Payments account.
Which debit cards are supported?
Instant deposit works with most standard U.S. issued Visa or MasterCard debit cards. These debit cards should be issued by a bank or credit union and linked to a transactional checking account.
Unsupported cards include prepaid bank cards, ATM and credit cards. We also don’t support wallet cards like PayPal.
How do I change my linked debit card?
- Select Settings ⚙, and then select Account and Settings.
- Select Payments, and then select Deposit accounts.
- Edit your instant deposit info, then select Save.
- Select Done.
When will I see the money in my bank?
You’ll usually see your funds deposited in minutes, but it can take up to 30 minutes depending on your bank.
All transactions are subject to risk review and third-party delays. For more information, you can review your merchant agreement.
How much money can I deposit instantly?
Deposit as little as $1, up to the daily limit of $2,000 for instant deposits. You can deposit up to 3 times daily up to the $2,000 limit.
Why don’t I see an available balance to deposit?
There are several reasons you may not see the option to deposit funds instantly:
- You haven't processed any payment transactions for the day.
- You’ve already reached the daily limit of $2,000.
- Your processed transactions are under review.
- The payment is larger than the daily maximum.
- All transactions that weren't instantly deposited by 3pm PST, will batch and process on your normal deposit schedule. If your batch closed and you haven’t processed additional payments, there will be no funds to deposit instantly.
What’s an available balance?
An available balance is the sum of payment transactions processed before 3pm PST that qualify for instant deposit. The balance can be made up of one or more transactions and under the $2,000 daily limit.
Can I run payroll using the funds I deposited instantly?
You can use the funds immediately as long as the debit card linked is associated with the same bank account on file for your payroll.