Manually add your QuickBooks Desktop Security Certificate if it doesn't populate automatically after exporting from QuickBooks Online.
Your QuickBooks Desktop Security Certificate is important as it contains information to protect data or to establish secure network connections. Here are the steps to add Security Certificate in QuickBooks Desktop:
- Right-click the QuickBooks icon on your Desktop and select Properties.
- On the Shortcut tab, select Open File Location, then OK.
- Pro, Premier, or Premier Accountant: C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks 20XX
- Enterprise or Enterprise Accountant: C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions XX.0
- On the File Location window, look for the Application file (.exe file), then right-click and select Properties. The Application file Properties window opens.
- Select Digital Signatures tab and choose one of the entries in the Signature list field. Select Details.
- On the Digital Signature Details window, select View Certificate. The Certificate window opens.
- Under General tab, on the Certificate window, select Install Certificate.
- On the Certificate Import Wizard welcome screen, ensure that the Store Location is on Current User, then Next.
- On the Certificate Store window, Windows already selected the certificate store based on the type of certificate. Select Next, then Finish.
- You will be prompted that the import was successful, select OK.