Learn how your employees can access their paychecks and W-2s through Workforce, as well as timesheets through TSheets.
Skip printing and mailing stubs and forms to your employees. QuickBooks Workforce makes it easy for them to view their paychecks, W-2's, and other things that matter to them, like available time off and year-to-date earnings. We'll help you invite your employees, so they can sign in and get started.
Have QuickBooks Online? This article is for QuickBooks Desktop Payroll. If you have QuickBooks Online Payroll, use these steps.
- You must use QuickBooks Desktop, have installed the latest maintenance release and the latest payroll updates.
- In your QuickBooks Desktop company, select Employees, then Manage Payroll Cloud Services. If you don't see the Manage Payroll Cloud Services option, you don't have the latest QuickBooks Desktop maintenance release or the latest payroll updates installed.
- In the Payroll Cloud Services window, under QuickBooks Workforce toggle the status to ON.
- When prompted, create or confirm a PIN used to send payroll data.
- Select Save Changes.
- Select Return To QuickBooks in the confirmation window.
- Next time you run payroll, upload your paycheck info to Intuit when prompted.Note: Before employees can sign in for and access QuickBooks Workforce, you need to upload pay stubs. To upload paycheck info after every payroll:
- In your QuickBooks Desktop company file, create paychecks as you normally do.
- In addition to printing checks, make sure to select Send to Intuit on the Confirmation and Next Steps screen.
- On the Send/Receive Data window, select Send. When prompted, enter your payroll service PIN.
- Tip: If you ever forget to select Send to Intuit after creating paychecks, you can always go to Employees then select Send Payroll Data.
- If this is your first time setting up QuickBooks Workforce, you will need to upload historical paychecks in order for your employees to view their pay stubs issued prior to setting up QuickBooks Workforce. Refer to QuickBooks Workforce: Uploading historical paychecks.
If you are asked to confirm your account information with a code:
When you sign in to QuickBooks Workforce using your Intuit Account login, you may be asked to confirm your account information with a confirmation code.
- Select how you would like to receive your code.
- Select Continue and the code will be sent to you.
- If you no longer have access to the email listed, select Confirm my account a different way to update email your email address.
- Do NOT leave the screen before entering your confirmation code. Open another window if necessary.
- Retrieve the confirmation code. It might take a few minutes for the code to arrive in your mailbox. You may also want to check your bulk/junk/spam mail folder to see if the code went there.
- Enter your code and select Continue.
- If you did not receive a code - select "Didn’t received a code".
- Once you have been verified you will automatically be signed in to QuickBooks Workforce.
Step 1: Log in to your Intuit account in QuickBooks
If you’re already logged in to your Intuit account in QuickBooks, move on to Step 2.
Note: Your Intuit account login is different from your company file login. Learn more about your Intuit account.
- From the Company menu, select My Company.
- Select Sign in on the top right corner.
- Log in using your Intuit ID and password.
Having trouble signing in? Select I forgot my user ID or password.
Step 2: Send an invite
- From the Employees menu, select Manage Payroll Cloud Services.Note: If you don’t see Manage Payroll Cloud Services, update your QuickBooks.
- Under QuickBooks Workforce, toggle the status to ON, then select Invite Employees.
- Your employee list will appear. Select the employees you need to give access, then add their email addresses.Note: If the invite page doesn’t load, make sure to turn on ActiveX controls in Internet Explorer.
- Select Send Invite. Once sent, you should see "Invited" under the STATUS column.
- Here’s how your employees can set up and use QuickBooks Workforce.
- Immediately after running payroll, your employees will get emails telling them that their paychecks are now available.
- When you process W-2’s, here’s how to make sure your employees can access the forms.
Resend an invite
Employee didn't get any email invite? Just follow the same steps above, make sure their email address is correct, then select Send Invite again.
Remove employee access
While you can’t remove an employee's access to their own paychecks, you can turn off QuickBooks Workforce’s access to your QuickBooks Payroll. We don't really recommend doing this because it affects all your employees. But it's there, just in case.
- From the Employees menu, select Manage Payroll Cloud Services.
- Under QuickBooks Workforce, toggle the status to OFF, then Save.
|Canceling your payroll or terminating an employee?
If you want to turn off employee access because you're canceling your QuickBooks Payroll, you don't need to. Your employees will stop having access to their paychecks, W-2's, and other employee info as soon as you cancel your payroll service.
It's the same thing when you mark employees as terminated.
Either way, be sure to remind them beforehand to download or print any documents they need for their own records.
If you haven't given paycheck access to your employees before, here's more info that you might find helpful to know.
Once your employee accepts your invite and logs in to QuickBooks Workforce, changing their email in QuickBooks Desktop Payroll won’t affect their account or access.
A negative check might display as a negative net amount, resulting in a net zero payroll.
Deleted or voided checks get removed from Workforce.
QuickBooks Workforce is not available for Disk Delivery. Sign up to Payroll for QuickBooks Desktop to let your employees access their paychecks and W-2's online.