Learn how to get back into your QuickBooks Payments and Merchant Services account.
If you forgot your QuickBooks Payments sign-in info, no worries. You can reset your password and get your user ID in no time. Here’s how.
Change your password
If you just need to update your user ID or password, you can do it from Intuit Account Manager.
Recover your user ID or reset your password
Important: Resetting your password for QuickBooks Payments also resets it for your other Intuit products, like TurboTax or Mint.
- Go to the QuickBooks Payments sign-in page.
- Select I forgot my user ID or Password.
- Follow the onscreen instructions.
If you used your email address or user ID to verify your account, you'll get an email with a password reset link.
- Check your spam or junk folders.
- Add firstname.lastname@example.org to your contact list.
- Check all email addresses you might've used to sign up for your account.
- Make sure to unblock emails from Intuit. Learn more about how to whitelist Intuit emails.
|Note: To reset your password or recover your user ID, you need to have access to the email you used when you signed up for QuickBooks Payments. If you no longer have access, you can send us a request to recover your account.|
Next steps: Use your Intuit user ID
When you first sign up for QuickBooks products, you create an Intuit user account. It should be linked to your QuickBooks Payments account.
Try to sign in to QuickBooks Payments with your Intuit user account and password.
If you have questions or need more help, reach out to our support team.