Learn how to update billing information for your QuickBooks Desktop Payroll subscription.
To avoid service interruption, you can securely update your billing information for your QuickBooks Desktop Payroll subscription.
We show you how to update your information as well as answer some frequently asked questions.
Change a credit card or bank account information
|NOTE: If you are switching your payment method from Credit Card to Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) or vice versa, please contact us.|
- In QuickBooks, go to Employees > My Payroll Service > Account/Billing Information.
- Sign in using your Intuit Account login.
- Once signed in, go to Billing Details box.Note: The level of information may vary depending on your contact role. If you don't see any information under the Billing Details box, this means that you're not the current billing contact. To change the Holder and/or the billing contact, please contact us.
- If you see the current credit card information, you are the billing contact of your company. Select the Edit link to update your billing information.
- Enter your new billing information and select I Agree.
A QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Service is a subscription you activate to enable the payroll features. For example, payroll updates, automatic payroll tax calculation, and payroll forms.
The following will be billed to the credit card or bank account we have on file:
- Subscription Fee - charged at the start of each subscription term (Annual or Monthly).
- Per Employee Fee - depends on the number of employees that you pay at least once in a month. And it is charged the following month. Depending on the type of subscription you have, the per employee fee may or may not be applicable for you.
A notification email with your subscription details prior to the renewal and upon the renewal of the payroll service is sent to your company's billing contact (initially the purchaser of the payroll service). To change the billing contact of your account, please contact us.
To be able to update the billing information for the payroll service, these requirements must be met:
- You are an authorized user of the account. Authorized users are contacts listed in the company's account. Only these users are authorized to access the company's account, represent the company when interacting with Intuit, and contact Intuit to add a new user.
- You have your login information for My Account. Intuit's security policies do not support the sharing of usernames and passwords so each contact will need an Intuit Account login.
- If you have Quickbooks Desktop Payroll Enhanced, Quickbooks Desktop Payroll Assisted, Quickbooks Desktop Payroll Enhanced, or the disk delivery service, you can update your billing information in the My Account website only if you are using a credit card.
To switch from credit card to bank account or vice versa, please contact us.