- Some permissions can be set company-wide from Company Settings. See: About Company Settings. The following steps are found in individual team member permissions are set in team member Details (My Team).
- Only account administrators and managers can adjust permissions for a team member.
- When a team member is made a manager in TSheets, they can adjust permissions for their group or crew only.
To access team member Details, go to My Team, and select a team member.
- General: Name, contact information, pay information (visible for admins only), and group assignment.
- Permissions: User type and what a team member can see and manage. See below for more detailed information.
- Jobs: Jobs or customers under which a team member can clock in or out.
- Time Off: Types of time off that a team member can submit.
- Overtime: Settings that determine overtime calculations.
- Location: Requirement that GPS must be turned on for the team member to clock in.
- Notifications: Clock in/out reminders and notification method(s).
Default user types:
There are four default user types that determine permission levels. After selecting a user type, adjust individual permissions as necessary.
- Administrator: All permissions
- Payroll Manager: View timesheet reports for all team members and Approve timesheets for all team members
- Custom: None
- Worker: None
Additional permissions settings:
- Account management: Only administrators can make adjustments to their company's TSheets account and company settings. An administrator may set more than one team member as an administrator. See Assign and update team member settings.
- Mobile time entry: Authorizes users to clock in and out from any internet-capable mobile device. This permission is also needed to clock in via Dial-in and Text Messaging. See: Enable team members to clock in and out via mobile.
- See "Who's Working" for entire company: Allows users to see the Who's Working window, which displays a list of team members that are clocked in.
- Manage my timesheets: Allows users to sign in from anywhere and manage all aspects of their timesheets.
- View timesheet reports for all team members: Allows users to view and download all reports except the approvals report. See: How to Run a Report.
- Approve/reject timesheets for all team members: Allows users to also view the approvals report and approve, unapprove, and reject timesheets.
- Manage timesheets for all team members: Allows users to view, edit, or delete a timesheet.
- Manage authorization: Allows user to authorize and unauthorize computers for clocking in and out. See: How to Restrict or Unrestrict Clock-in Computers or Locations.
- Manage employees and groups: Allows users to manage team member settings (See: How to create and manage team members) and group settings (See: How to create and manage team member groups).
- Manage Job Codes (or Customers) for Company: Allows user to create, manage, or delete job codes or customers.
- View and Manage Schedules: Allows users to view and/or manage their own schedule, their group's schedule, or the entire company's schedule. See: How to Set and Change Schedule Permissions.