QuickBooks Desktop Bill Pay provided by Fiserv was retired on December 2, 2019.
You will need to find an alternative solution to process online bill payments through QuickBooks Desktop. We encourage you to consult your bank or financial institution for other options.
Access was removed on 12/2 and no new payments can be scheduled, nor can any existing payments can be altered. Fiserv will however continue to deliver payments with due dates up to and including the 6th of December after access has been removed. Payments dated beyond December 6 will be canceled. Fiserv will continue to provide customer support for payment status inquiries ONLY at 800-462-6765 until December 31, 2019.
This service discontinuation will not affect your ability to use banks feeds from standard banks and financial institutions, only QuickBooks Bill Pay.
The last billing fee from Fiserv will be on November 1, 2019 for services rendered from November 1 - December 2, 2019.
What you need to do:
Pay bills online
Pay the vendor using the Pay Bills window
- From the Vendors menu, select Pay Bills.
- Select the bill(s) to pay
- Set any discount or credits that you want to apply.
- From the Payment Account drop-down, choose the checking account with the online vendor payment service.
- From the Payment Method drop-down, choose Online Bank Pmt.
- Follow one or more of the optional bulleted steps as appropriate:
- Select the Include reference no. checkbox if you want bill or credit reference numbers to be sent along with your name and account number. If you select this option, the payment will not be sent electronically. The payment processor will print and mail a check to the payee instead.
- Change the date(s) as needed. If your payment processor requires lead time to prepare the payment, QuickBooks shows both the Process On date (the date the funds are withdrawn from your account) and a Delivery On date for the payment. Otherwise, there is only a payment date.
- Select the Pay Selected Bills button to record the bill payment. The Payment Summary window opens to show the bills that were successfully recorded.
The payment appears in the Items to Send list of the Bank Feeds. The payments are not sent until you go online and select Send Items.
Pay the vendor using the Write Checks window
- From the Banking menu, choose Write Checks.
- From the Bank Account drop-down, select the checking account with the online vendor payment service
- Mark Pay Online checkbox.
- From the Pay to the Order of drop-down, choose the vendor to pay.
- In the Delivery Date field, enter the date you want the check to be delivered or processed. (QuickBooks calculates the appropriate lead time for this vendor and enters the correct date.)
- In the $ field, enter the amount of the check.
- Follow one or more of the optional bullet steps as appropriate:
- Checkmark the Transmit Memo checkbox to select it, then enter a note to your payee in the memo field. Note that if you enter a memo, the payment will not be sent electronically. The payment processor will print and mail a check to the payee instead.Important: If the Transmit memo option is grayed out or not available, the extended payments service is not available at this FI.
- If you need to edit items displayed from a purchase order: Select the Items tab, then enter the purchased item in the detail area and associate it with the appropriate customer:job.
- If you need to enter new items: Select the Items tab, then enter the new items in the detail area,.
- To enter shipping charges, taxes, and other expenses not associated with any one item: Select the Expenses tab, then enter each charge and associate it with its correct expense account in the detail area,.
- Choose Save & Close.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I inquire about an online payment to a vendor?
If you pay vendors online, you can inquire about the status of a payment you have sent to your Financial Institution (FI) by following these steps:
- Open the register of the account from which you made the payment.
- In the register, locate then open the transaction you want to inquire about.
- Go to Banking > Bank Feeds > Learn About Online Bill Payment. Note: To include a message with your inquiry, select the Include text message, then enter your question or comment about the payment in the Message section.
The inquiry appears in the Items to Send list of the Bank Feeds. When you go online, it is sent to the FI.
What information can be sent with online vendor payment?
This depends on the processing service your FI uses. Your FI may permit transmittal of the following items with your online vendor payment:
- Invoice information sent as a payment voucher
- A descriptive memo
- Discount information associated with a particular invoice
Contact your FI to find out your options.
How do I cancel an online payment after sending it?
When you create an online payment, you include a delivery date. Because your FI does not process the payment until that delivery date, there may be a short period of time when you can cancel a payment instruction even after it has been sent to the FI.
Note that canceling a payment instruction means that your FI will not issue an electronic payment or a check to the payee. It does not stop payment when the payment has already been processed or on a check that has already been sent to the payee. In these cases, contact your FI.
To cancel an online payment after sending it:
- Go to Banking > Bank Feeds > Bank Feeds Center.
- From the left pane, select the account set up for online bill pay.
- In the Send items to your bank section, select the Online Checks link.
- Select the transaction(s) you want to cancel.
- Select Delete, then OK.
The cancelation appears in the Items to Send list of the Bank Feeds. When you send and receive transactions, it is sent to the FI.
Who do I contact for support?
QuickBooks Online Bill Pay is provided and supported by a third party vendor. If you have questions regarding your QuickBooks Online Bill Pay Service, please get in touch with Fiserv Corporation (formerly known as CheckFree) for payment inquiries at 800-462-6765 until December 31, 2019.