Learn how to void a payment in Online Bill Pay.
If you made a mistake when you paid a bill to your vendor, you can void it to zero out the transaction. Here’s how.
- Go to Transactions, then Expenses.
- Select Pay Bills Online.
- Select the Payments tab.
- Find the payment that you want, then select Track Status.
- Select Void.
- Select the void request type:
- Remit funds back to my bank account
- Reissue a new payment to the vendor
- Enter your void request reason.
- Select Submit Request.
On the Expenses page, the status will now show Voided.
- ePayments have a Void Deadline of 1PM PT on the business day before the deposit date.
- We stop payment on voided checks, so we recommend that you provide the voided check number to your vendor and instruct them not to cash the voided check.
- When a check was returned, an email notification will be received by users that are verified on the originating bank account.
- When you print a check, it will expire on the 91st day after the date of issue. Bill.com will void the payment, return the funds to the payer’s bank account, and revert the associated bill as Unpaid.