You can create an electronic signature and use it for checks and paychecks by following these steps:
Step 1: Create the electronic signature
- Write your signature on a piece of paper.
- Scan and save the image in the correct file format: BMP, JPEG, PNG, and TIFF.
Step 2: Add and use the electronic signature for checks and paycheck
- From the QuickBooks File menu, select Printer Setup...
- In the Form Name drop-down list, select Check/Paycheck.
- Put a check mark on Click Print Signature Image.
- In the Signature dialog box, choose File.
- Select the graphic file that contains the signature and click Open.
- Click OK in the Signature dialog box then click OK in the Printer Setup dialog box.
- Your signature image should have an 11:3 aspect ratio (11 width and 3 height). It will be sized to fit into a 2-3/4 inch wide by 3/4 inch tall space and placed directly above the signature line on Intuit-supplied checks.
- If you use QuickBooks user names and passwords, the signature file is stored by user name and company. If you do not have multiple user names and passwords, the Admin is the implicit user.
- The Signature feature is NOT available for Wallet checks.