Learn when and how to choose your W-2 printing options in Quickbooks Desktop Assisted Payroll.
QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Assisted offers you the choice of either :
- Printing your own official employee W-2s with Self Print.
- Having official W-2s printed and mailed to your employees with Intuit Print Service.
Make all changes to your printing options by December 31st.
Regardless of which option you select, Assisted Payroll still files employee copies of the W-2s and W-3 with all required federal and state agencies for you.
Intuit Print Service
Fees may be applicable for using Intuit Print Service . Specific pricing for your company's W-2s can be found in the Payroll Tax Center (click Change W-2 printing option).
Note: The W-2 printing preference must be changed no later than December 31. See How to select W-2 printing options for QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Assisted subscriptions for instructions on changing the preference.
Self Print option
If you want to print your own official W-2 copies, we’ll need to show you how to get setup.
IRS Tip: If you select Self Print, you will need to distribute each employee’s official W-2 by January 31st.
- Want to know how to Self Print your W-2s, see How to Self Print W-2s.
To change your W-2 printing options:
- Choose Employees, and then Payroll Center.
- Select the File Forms tab.
- Select View/Print Forms & W-2s.
- Enter your Payroll PIN. Your current W-2 printing option (Intuit Print Service or Self Print) is displayed.
- If you want to change your printing option or learn more about pricing, select the Change W-2 printing option link and follow the onscreen instructions.Note: If you want to change your W-2 printing option, you must do so no later than December 31.