For each payroll tax type listed in the Paycheck history quarterly detail page, enter the total amount for each quarter shown. You’ll need to have a report from your previous payroll solution or information that has payroll totals for each individual quarter in the current year.
Providing quarterly historical tax amount totals when setting up QuickBooks Online Payroll
The days that fall into each quarter are as follows:
- Jan 1 - Mar 31 (1st Quarter)
- Apr 1 - Jun 30 (2nd Quarter)
- Jul 1 - Sep 30 (3rd Quarter)
- Oct 1 - Dec 31 (4th Quarter)
The totals you enter for each quarter should match the year-to-date totals you’ve entered for your company and employees so far.
When the quarterly totals you enter doesn’t match the year-to-date totals displayed:
- Are the amounts entered correctly? Make sure that the amounts entered include all paychecks in that quarter and only in that quarter.
- Were all employees with paychecks in the current year added? Go back to review your employee list and their prior payroll information that you’ve entered.
For more information about entering in prior payroll in QuickBooks Online Payroll see Prior payroll overview in Online Payroll.