Use Online Bill Pay to pay bills easier. Learn the difference between receiving an invoice (to be turned into an eBill) and receiving an eBill directly.
You can also turn off email notifications if you're a Simple Bill Pay user.
|Note: To turn on the Incoming Bills feature, contact level 1 QuickBooks Online support.|
eBills vs. invoices
eBills — Incoming Bills feature not enabled
When the Incoming Bills features isn’t enabled, eBills are created on the Unpaid Bills section. You’ll receive an email notification of the new bill.
(In the example below, see how the new bills are identified. You can then pay the bill as necessary.)
Invoices — Incoming Bills feature enabled
If you enabled the Incoming bills feature, invoices from connected vendors appear on the Incoming Bills section. You can turn these into ebills to be paid.
Turn invoices into eBills to pay
- Login to your QuickBooks Online account.
- On the dashboard, select the Bill pay online widget.
- Select the Incoming bills tab on the Bill pay online screen.
- Select Create Bill.
- Review the information that is pre-filled. Edit if necessary.
- Select Create.
You can now find the eBills to pay on the Unpaid Bills tab.
Turn off email notifications (Simple Bill Pay)
If you're using Simple Bill Pay, an eBill widget appears on the Make a payment tab when you have an eBill. You'll also receive an email notification. Once you see your bill, you'll have the option to either pay it or delete it.
Turn off email notifications
- Select the Gear icon on the Toolbar.
- Select Email preferences.
- Select the edit pencil icon.
- Uncheck <Company name> receives an eBill from a vendor, then Save.