Learn how to change your email address, user ID, or password for QuickBooks Online or QuickBooks Self-Employed.
How to change your QuickBooks Online email, ID, or password
Follow these steps to update your own account. Note that you can’t do this for other users. They need to follow these steps themselves to update their sign in info.
Change your user ID or password in QuickBooks Online
- Sign in to QuickBooks Online.
- Go to Settings ⚙ and select Intuit Account.
- To change your user ID or email address, enter your password, then select Edit and Save.
- To change your password, select Password, then select Edit and Save.
Change your user ID or password on Intuit Account Manager
- Sign in at accounts.intuit.com with your QuickBooks sign-in info.
- To change your user ID or email address, enter your password, select Edit and Save.
- To change your password, select Password, then Edit and Save.
If you use QuickBooks Online Accountant, use Intuit Account Manager to edit your personal info. It offers the same profile management, even if you're not signed in to your QuickBooks Online account.
Tip: Have multiple companies, or seeing a message that your email is already being used? Consider consolidating them under a single user ID for a better sign-in experience.
Can’t sign in?
Go to the Quickbooks Sign in page and select I forgot my user ID or password at the bottom.
If you still can’t sign in, you can fill out an email change request. Once we process it, you can log in with the new password you create and your original user ID. Then, you can use the steps in the section above to change your user ID or email if you want.