Learn which taxes and tax forms Intuit handles for your business.
Does Intuit file tax forms for my business?
Form filing and next steps depend on which payroll product you have.
With full-service versions of QuickBooks Online Payroll, QuickBooks Desktop Payroll, and Intuit Online Payroll, Intuit sends your payroll taxes and forms automatically to ensure your business processes taxes on time. If you don't have a full-service payroll, you must pay and file your own taxes.
See the versions of payroll
|Note: Not sure which payroll service you have? Here's how to find which payroll service you have.|
What forms does Intuit file?
Here are the payroll forms and taxes we submit for you if you have a full-service version of payroll, plus the taxes we do or don't submit for your state.
Intuit files only those forms that are required for your company. For example, the IRS Schedule B is required only for taxpayers on a semiweekly or monthly deposit schedule with a tax liability of $100,000, or more, on any given day in the reporting period. Therefore, if you did not meet that requirement, you do not receive a copy of a Schedule B with your quarterly tax returns.
Forms labeled payment coupon or E-File only are not included with your customer copies. Intuit retains records of these filings on your behalf. If a tax agency requests a proof of payment or E-file transmittal, Intuit will provide that information to the agency.
- Form 940 - Annual Federal Unemployment Tax Return (FUTA)
- Form 941 - Quarterly Withholding Federal Tax Return
- Forms W-2 and W-3 - Employee Wage and Tax Statement
- Forms 1099-MISC and Form 1096 - Non-employee Compensation Return (Intuit Online Payroll Full Service Only)
Intuit files only those forms that are required for your company by each state or local tax agency (for applicable payroll services.) Review your payroll service below to see what Intuit supports.
- QuickBooks Online Payroll Core: All state's withholding and unemployment taxes and forms. New hire reporting and local taxes isn't supported.
- QuickBooks Online Payroll Premium, Elite: All state's withholding and unemployment taxes and forms, new hire reporting and local taxes.
- QuickBooks Online Payroll Full Service, Intuit Online Payroll Full Service: All state's withholding and unemployment taxes and forms, new hire reporting and local taxes.
- QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Assisted: All state's withholding and unemployment taxes and forms, except Indiana and Wyoming. New hire reporting and local taxes isn't supported.
When are copies of my filed payroll tax forms be available?
All copies of your quarterly and annual payroll tax forms filed by Intuit are available in the Payroll Tax Center (PTC) as outlined below. Please note that as Intuit processes these forms throughout quarter end, they may appear in the PTC earlier than the date listed below.
For QuickBooks Online Payroll, Core, Premium and Elite, you may be able to view some forms before they are filed by selecting the Preview button. To learn how to view your tax forms in QuickBooks Online Payroll, see Access payroll tax forms and tax payments.