Learn how your employees can access their W-2s in QuickBooks Workforce.
You may be wondering about W-2s and their availability in Workforce. We have answers to some frequently asked questions about it.
|Note Starting November 1, 2018, we have migrated from ViewMyPaycheck (VMP) to QuickBooks Workforce (QB Workforce).|
QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Enhanced:
- After you process your employee W-2s in QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Enhanced, the following option appears: Provide employees with secure, online access to their W-2 forms on Intuit's free QuickBooks Workforce site. By default, the option is selected.
- When you select Finish, the following screens appear to confirm and send an email to employees about the availability of their W-2s:
QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Assisted:
W-2s for Employers using QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Assisted are automatically uploaded to QuickBooks Workforce in mid-January.
QuickBooks Online Payroll Enhanced:
W-2s for Employers using QuickBooks Online Payroll Enhanced will automatically upload to QuickBooks Workforce once the W-2 Copy A has been electronically filed with the SSA through QBOP. The W-2 for the employees will be available 24-48 hours after the e-filing has taken place.
Have your employee follow these steps:
- Select the link in the notification email from your employer: https://paychecks.intuit.com/?source=qbw2email.
- Select Sign Up. When prompted, answer the security questions.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to create an Intuit account. Then sign in. (Note: If you already have an Intuit account, use that one to sign in.)
- View and, if you'd like, print your W-2.
Employees are required to enter their Social Security number and the net paycheck amount for their most recent paycheck when they sign up for QuickBooks Workforce. This grants them access to their own paychecks.
We only ask for their Social Security number and their net paycheck amount once. Every time thereafter, employees just need to sign in with their Intuit account.
Employee - If you don't see the W-2 tab after you sign in to QuickBooks Workforce, most likely your employer has not uploaded your W-2s yet. Please contact your employer to confirm if W-2s have been uploaded.
Employer -If you have already uploaded W-2s (and it's between late December through January) it can take 24-48 hours for them to become visible in QuickBooks Workforce. This is due to a high volume of customer uploads at this time of year.
If it has been longer than 48 hours there might be a system issue.
- Do other employees have the same problem? If yes, there was most likely an issue with the W-2 upload. Try again. Upload your W-2s one more time and wait 48 hours for them to appear. If the W-2s are still not visible, contact QuickBooks Workforce Support for additional help.
- Is the issue only happening for a single employee? If yes, it is most likely a data problem for that individual employee. Contact QuickBooks Workforce Support for additional help.
No. W-2s from previous years will not be available in QuickBooks Workforce. Employees will need to contact their employer for information about prior W-2s.
- Sign in to your account on: paychecks.intuit.com
- Select the W-2 tab. (Note: Employees just need to select the tab. As long as W-2s have been uploaded, employees' W-2s will appear.)
When employees get to the new QuickBooks Workforce landing page, they're given an option to Sign Up or Sign In. Both refer to Intuit accounts.
If they try to Sign Up (for QuickBooks Workforce), but they have an existing Intuit account, they'll be prompted that they have an existing account and to sign in instead.
Employees who don't have an Intuit account will have to sign up for a new account. Just having an Intuit account will allow them to sign in to QuickBooks Workforce. However, they won't have access to any paychecks or their W-2 until they verify their Social Security number and net paycheck amount.
Yes. They just need to select the Download W-2 button to save the W-2 as a .pdf file. From there, the employee can also print the .pdf file like normal.
Yes. After an employee signs in to QuickBooks Workforce and gets access to their paycheck from the first company, there is a drop-down that will allow employees to switch between companies. And to "add a new company" to view paychecks from.
If the employee is new to QuickBooks Workforce, they'll be asked to verify their Social Security number and net paycheck amount again for that new company. Once they do so, that dropdown will now show both companies. And the employee can switch between viewing paychecks from these two companies by using the dropdown.
Once that is established, they can toggle between both companies to also see their W-2s.
Yes, employees must use one of the following browsers in order to view their W-2s online:
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Apple Safari
Typically, this process should be immediate. And it should be available right after employers send the W-2s to Intuit. However, there may be a 24-48 hour delay during busy times as we process the incoming W-2s
We recommend you check back in a day or two if the W-2s aren't available in QuickBooks Workforce right away.
W-2s that are printed from QuickBooks Workforce or printed from TurboTax Online are not considered official copies. Employers must send their employees a paper copy of the official W-2.