Learn how to update your account name, legal business name and address for QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Standard, Basic, Enhanced, and Assisted.
If you're using QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Standard, Basic, or Enhanced
Update your account name for your Intuit account
Your account name linked to your Intuit account is created when you purchase or sign up for any Intuit product or service. Your Intuit account holds your business information like your EIN and QuickBooks subscription. Learn how to manage your Intuit account in CAMPS.
- Copy the Business Name Change template to your email and fill it out. Include the statements at the bottom.
- Attach the following supporting documents:
- Current photo ID: State-issued ID, driver's license, or passport.
- Proof that you paid for the service or product: Bank statement that shows the subscription payments, the account number, and your name.
- Send the email to QBG-CSGroup@intuit.com.
- You will receive an email that confirms the update within 3-5 business days.
Customer Account Number:_____________________________________
Main Business Address:_________________________________________
Main Business Phone No.:_______________________________________
Business’s Former Name (as it currently appears on your Intuit Account):
New Business Name (100-character maximum):
Reason for Change
____ New “Doing Business As” (DBA) Name for existing business
____ Change in Corporate Ownership
____ Dissolution or Bankruptcy
____Other (Please Describe)
Your Contact Information (in case we need to contact you)
Your Name: _______________________________________
Your Email Address: _______________________________
Your Business Phone Number: _______________________
By submitting this form, you represent and warrant that: (a) you are authorized to represent the business listed above; (b) all the information you have provided above is true and correct; (c) you are instructing and authorizing Intuit to update your Business Name within its existing Intuit Account as set out above and for reason provided by you on this form.
Update your legal business name and address in QuickBooks Desktop
- From the top menu, select Company, then My Company.
- Select the Pencil icon, then Legal information.
- Enter the new legal business name/address, then select OK.
If you're using Direct Deposit to pay for your employees, follow these additional steps before your next payroll:
- Select Employees at the top, then select Send payroll data.
- Verify that there are no pending payroll transaction to send.
- Select Send.
If you're using QuickBooks Assisted Payroll
|Important: We will not change your legal business name and address with the IRS. You must submit the change directly to IRS.|