We're sorry to see you go. If QuickBooks Online isn't the right fit for you, we want to help you find the right tools. Here's how to cancel your subscription or trial.
Cancel your QuickBooks Online subscription
The steps for cancelling QuickBooks Online depend on where you signed up for your subscription. If you signed up through a mobile app store, you’ll need to go to your app store to cancel.
Follow the steps based on where you bought your QuickBooks Online subscription.
- Cancel an account purchased online, directly from Intuit
- Cancel a subscription purchased through the Apple App Store
- Cancel a subscription purchased through the Google Play Store
- Cancel a suspended subscription
- Cancel a subscription during a free 30-day trial
Cancel an account purchased online, directly from Intuit
- Open a web browser on your computer, not a mobile device.
- Sign in to QuickBooks Online as the primary or company admin.
- Go to Settings ⚙ and select Subscriptions and billing.
- In the QuickBooks section, select Cancel subscription or Cancel online. If you're cancelling a trial, select Cancel your trial.
- Follow the on-screen steps.
Note: If you are logged in as an admin user and don't see the Subscriptions and billing tab, then you have purchased QuickBooks through a mobile app store. See the steps for your device below.
Cancel a suspended subscription
If your subscription is suspended, you need to resubscribe and reactivate it before you can cancel. We'll also automatically cancel your subscription after three failed attempts to charge your payment method.
Cancel a subscription during a free 30-day trial
If you cancel your subscription at any time during your 30-day free trial, you'll still be able to access QuickBooks until your next billing date. After that, you'll have read-only access to QuickBooks for one year starting from the date you cancel your subscription.
Learn what happens to your data after you cancel
For paid and trial subscriptions, we hang on to your data for one year. This lets you pick up where you left off if you decide to come back. During this time, the file will remain in a read-only state unless you choose to resubscribe or reactivate your account. We delete the data after one year.