Learn how to set up alerts for low or out of stock products in QuickBooks Online Plus.
Do you track your products’ quantity on hand? Set up reorder points to keep tabs on your stock. A reorder point is the threshold when you should reorder more of an stock item. QuickBooks uses reorder points to let you know what’s running low and what’s out of stock. We’ll help you set them up, so you’ll always have what your customers want. Here's how.
Set up your products’ reorder points
You have two ways to set up your products’ reorder points.
- If you have new products, you can enter reorder points when you add what you sell in QuickBooks.
- If you have saved products that don’t have reorder points, edit those products to add. Follow the steps below to do this.
Edit a product to add a reorder point
- Go to Sales, then Products and Services.
- Find the product you want to have a reorder point.
- Select Edit ✎ in the Action column.
- In the Reorder point field, add the threshold when you should reorder more stock.
- Select Save and close.
Next steps: Check what’s running low or out of stock
You can prioritise ordering the products you need the most. Once you set up your reorder points, here’s how to check if you have low stock or out of stock items.
- Go to Sales then Products and Services.
- At the top, you’ll quickly see if you have low stock or out of stock items. Select Low stock or Out of stock to see those products.
- If you have low stock or out of stock alerts, here's how to reorder stock with QuickBooks.