Hi there, @LibertyMachine.
Thank you for posting to the Community.
Let me guide you on how to sort your invoice numbering in QuickBooks. We can verify rebuild your data to check if this cause the problem. The damage can often be repaired by rebuilding/verifying which puts a list back to its default order.
To run Verify Data utility:
- Select File at the top and choose Utilities.
- Click Verify Data.
- If there are issues found, you’ll be prompted to Rebuild Now.
Here’s how to run the Rebuild utility:
- Click the File tab at the top.
- Select Utilities from the drop down option.
- Choose Rebuild Data.
- Click Ok on Rebuild has completed.
For additional troubleshooting steps, please refer to this article: Resolve data damage with your QuickBooks Desktop company file
After verifying and rebuilding data, we can close and reopen your file after revamp it.
Please keep me posted how it goes. I'm here to lend a hand. Have a wonderful day ahead of you!