Follow these steps if you need to deposit a portion of your customer payments to a separate bank account.
- From the QuickBooks Banking menu, select Make Deposits.
- In the Payments to Deposit window, click to select the payments you wish to deposit.
- Click Ok.
- In the Make Deposits window, click the Deposit To drop-down and select the first bank account.
- Enter a line then click the From Account drop-down and choose the second bank account.
- In the Amount column, enter a negative amount equal to the amount you want to deposit to the second account.
- Click Save & Close.
Scenario 1: You have a multiple payments received from a customer ($350, $50 and $356) and you need to deposit one of them ($356) to another account (Savings).
Scenario 2: You have a single payment received from a customer ($250, $50 and $356) and you need to deposit a portion of it ($125) to another account (Savings).