Learn when to expect deposits for payments you process.
Take credit card or bank transfer payments and want to know when they deposit? Find out here.
New to QuickBooks Payments?
We deposit your funds within 5 business days after your first payment. Your first deposits take a bit longer while we set up your merchant account. After we're done, your payments will deposit quicker.
When your payments are deposited depends on which product you use.
- Go to Settings ⚙ and select Account and Settings.
- Select the Payments tab.
- Review the Deposit Speed section. This shows your deposit schedule.
Want your payments faster? If you have the option for faster funding, you’ll see it next to your Deposit Speed. Select Learn more to turn it on. Available for select merchants only.
QuickBooks Desktop, GoPayment, and e-Commerce
Payments you process by 3 pm PT will deposit to your account in 2 business days. Payments you process after 3 pm PT will be counted with the next day's payments.
|Process before 3 pm PT||Funds will be in your account on|
You can see the payment drop-down on the Enter Sales Receipts and Receive Payments windows that let you tell QuickBooks how your customer is paying you.
Note: You don't need to do anything else if your customer's Preferred Payment Method is selected in the Payment Settings of their profiles.To edit a customer's payment information:
- Choose Customers then Customer Center.
- On the Customers & Jobs tab, double-click the customer or job that you want to edit.
- Select the Payment Settings tab.
- Select the Preferred Payment Method drop-down arrow and select the customer's preferred payment method.
- Select OK.
To see the complete list of payment methods and types, choose Lists then select Customer & Vendor Profile Lists and then Payment Method List.
- If you're receiving paper money and coins from a customer, select Cash.
- If you have multiple cash payment types, click More and select the cash option you want to use.
- If you're receiving a check, select Check.
- If you have multiple check payment types, click More and select the check option you want to use.
Credit card / Debit card:Use the Credit Debit button for these payment method types:
- Credit Cards (Discover, MasterCard, and Visa)
- Debit Card
- Other Credit Card
- Select Credit or Debit card.
- In the Enter Card Information window, select the Payment drop-down arrow and select the type of payment.
- Enter the card number and expiration date.
- Select Done.
Create a new payment method:
- Select Add New Payment Method.
- Enter a payment method name.
- Select the Payment Type drop-down arrow and select a payment type.
- (Optional) To create another new payment method, select Next.
- Select OK.
QuickBooks Point of Sale
Payments you process by midnight local time will deposit to your account in 2 business days.
|Process on||Funds will be in your account on|
Is it taking longer than you expect for your payments to deposit? Your funds may be on hold. See why are my funds on hold for more info.