Learn how to enter or import opening balances from another payroll provider into QuickBooks Payroll.
How to enter opening balances manually for each employee
- Navigate to Payroll in the left-hand menu.
- Select the name of the employee.
- Select Opening Balances from the left-hand menu
- Select the Leave Balances tab and enter the amounts as of the date you moved to QuickBooks Payroll, then select Save.
- Select the Earnings tab and enter the amounts, then select Save
- Select the Deductions tab, enter the balances then select Save.
- Select the Employer Liabilities tab, enter the balances, then select Save.
- Select the Super & PAYG tab, enter the balances, then select Save
- Select the Employment Termination Payments (ETPs) tab, enter the balances, then select Save.
Next, we'll show you how to enter/update employee opening balances and how to import opening balances.
How to import opening balances using Excel
- Navigate to Payroll from the left menu.
- Select Payroll Settings, then select Opening Balances.
- Select Import.
- Select Select File, and choose the .xlsx file you would like to upload.
- Select Confirm upload.
Note: You can download a template from the Data Extracts page (located in Payroll Settings under Business Management).
Content sourced from Employment Hero