Once you have activated payroll, the first step is to add an employee.
To set up an employee within QuickBooks Payroll:
- Select Employees from the left-hand menu, then select Add Employee on the right side of the screen.
- Enter the employee's Personal details, then select Next
- Enter Employment Details, i.e. start date, pay rate, etc., then select Next
- Enter Bank Details and Account Type for the Employee, then select Next
- Enter Tax File Declaration Information
- Select Done
Need more help with one of the sections of employee setup? Select the topic below for more details.
To help ensure your business' data is secure, any changes made after the initial set up to a user's email address or bank details within Employment Hero will need to be verified. The user will receive an email from Employment Hero providing an overview of the pending changes and if everything looks in order, they must select the verification link inside the email within 72 hours for the changes to take effect.
Important to note: For changes to a user's email address, both the current and new email address will receive a notification. The verification link will be within the notification sent to the new email address.
Once you have completed the steps, your employee can now be included in pay runs.
To add more details about the employee, e.g. additional pay rates or setting up deductions and adjustments, select Employees from the left-hand menu, and then select their name, which will bring you to the Employee Details section.
Content sourced from Employment Hero