Learn how to enter or import opening balances from another payroll provider into QuickBooks Payroll.
How to Enter Opening Balances
- Navigate to Employees in the left-hand menu.
- Select the name of the employee.
- Select Opening Balances from the left-hand menu
- Select the Leave Balances tab and enter the amounts as of the date you moved to QuickBooks Payroll, then select Save.
- Select the Earnings tab and enter the amounts, then select Save
- Select the Deductions tab, enter the balances then select Save.
- Select the Employer Liabilities tab, enter the balances, then select Save.
- Select the Super & PAYG tab, enter the balances, then select Save
- Select the Employment Termination Payments (ETPs) tab, enter the balances, then select Save.
Need more help? see below for further information
How to Import Opening Balances
- Navigate to Employees from the left menu.
- Select Payroll Settings, then select Opening Balances.
- Select Import.
- Select Select File, and choose the .xlsx file you would like to upload.
- Select Confirm upload.
Note: You can download a template from the Data Extracts page (Located in Payroll Settings under Business Management).