Learn how to batch delete or void transactions.
Use the Batch Delete/Void Transactions utility (BDT) to quickly delete or void multiple transactions at once.
Batch delete or void transactions
|Important: You can't batch delete or void the transactions below. You can still delete them individually.|
To delete them individually, open the transaction and select Edit and then Delete.
- Go to the File menu and select Switch to Single-user mode. If you see Switch to Multi-user mode, don't select it.
- Go to the Accountant menu and select Batch Delete/Void Transactions.
- Select the transactions you want to delete or void from the Available Transactions list.
- Select Review & Delete (or Review & Void).
- Select Back Up & Delete or Back Up & Void. You can also skip the backup and select Delete only or Void only from the dropdowns.
- Select Yes to confirm you want to delete or void the transactions.
After you delete or void the transactions, you can select View Deleted/Voided Transaction Report to print a copy of the deleted or voided transactions.
Delete or void specific transactions
Filter for specific transaction types
You can delete or void specific transaction types. Select the Transaction Type dropdown and select a transaction type. These appear on the list so you can delete or void them. The bills option includes bill payment cheques, bill refunds, bill credits, refund cheques, and finance charges.
Show/hide linked or voided transactions
Select the Show linked transactions box to show transactions linked to the selected transaction (i.e. a paid invoice paid with an attached payment). These appear in the Available Transactions list in the Linked Trns column.
Select the Show voided transactions box to show transactions marked as voided. These appear in the Available Transactions list.
To filter transactions on the Available Transactions list, select Enter date, Last modified date, or Transaction date from the Show transactions by dropdown.
Sort the columns on the Available Transactions list
Select and drag any columns on the Available transactions list to another location. You can also select the header to sort the list.