Learn which requirements are needed to confirm yourProAdvisor profile.
Before we publish your profile on the Find-a-ProAdvisor website, we'll verify your eligibility and confirm your profile information.
Before you confirm your profile
To confirm your identity, upload a copy of a government-issued ID, such as a driver's license or a copy of your passport.
Make sure that the ID you submit is:
- Clear enough to make out facial features
- Unobstructed and uncropped
- Valid and current, not expired
- In a supported file format (PNG, JPG, or PDF)
Confirm your Find-a-ProAdvisor profile
Once you're satisfied with your profile, you can confirm it.
- Select the Profile icon on the toolbar.
- Complete your profile.
- Visit qbo.intuit.com/app/verify.
- Check for any missing or incorrect information and update it on the edit profile screen.
- Select Choose file to upload one of the suggested government-issued IDs.
- Select Submit.
Once your information is confirmed and your eligibility is verified, you will see your profile is published on the Find-a-ProAdvisor website. This can take up to three business days.
Frequently asked questions
The following sections give you answers to frequently asked questions about profiles and the verification process.
To ensure small businesses are connected with the right ProAdvisors, we need to confirm profile information and verify eligibility prior to publication on the Find-a-ProAdvisor directory.
Government-issued identification helps us to confirm the information on your profile. We only use your government-issued ID to confirm your profile information. Once our review has been completed, we delete your ID within 14 days.
The security of our products is always a top priority. Among other things, we safeguard customer information by encrypting it when it's stored in our systems and all our servers are protected with antivirus software.
We only use your government-issued ID to confirm your identity when we review the information on your ProAdvisor profile. Once we finish our review, all ID documents you submit are purged within 14 days.
We do not supply your information to third parties.
I am getting an error saying that the file I've uploaded is too large. What is the maximum file size?
Our maximum file size is 1MB. If your file is larger than that, you can compress the file or save it in a different format to decrease its size, and then resubmit the file.
This usually means we weren't able to use the identification you submitted to confirm your profile.
This is generally for one of the following reasons:
- Identification is poor quality
- Identification is expired
- Identification cannot be opened
To resolve this issue, resubmit a digital scan (or a photo taken with your phone) of one of the following:
- Driver's license
- Government-issued ID with address
To avoid being asked to resubmit your ID again, keep these tips in mind:
- Photo ID must be clear enough to make out facial features.
- Uploaded images must be unobstructed and uncropped.
- Identification must not be expired.
- File must be in a supported file format (PNG, JPG, or PDF).
Under some circumstances, we may ask you for more documentation to help us confirm your profile information. If we asked you for more information, submit one or more of the following:
- Articles of Incorporation
- Business License
- Corporation Bylaws
- Shareholders Agreement
- Certificate of Limited Liability Partnership or Limited Partnership
- CPA License information
To upload your additional documentation, go to qbo.intuit.com/app/verify and select Choose file.
We need documents to confirm your profile and validate your eligibility to be published on our Find-A-ProAdvisor site.
If you have a firm name listed on your profile and do not have these documents for your business, please contact us to make your profile editable. You may remove the firm name and resubmit through https://qbo.intuit.com/app/verify. You will be required to be signed in to use this.
You are receiving an email due to the non-compliance of Intuit’s brand use guidelines. Below are the brand violations that must be avoided.
Intuit Brand Use
- Brand in email
- Brand in company name
- Brand in website domain
- Links in website that violate brand
- As a ProAdvisor, you need to operate under your own business name, which shouldn't include any Intuit brand, brand element, or phonetic equivalent in the name or branding of your business.
- Website URLs shouldn't contain any Intuit brand or brand element.
- Emails shouldn't include any Intuit brand, brand element, or phonetic equivalent.
- Business or company logos should be unique to a business. They shouldn't contain, be similar to, an imitation of, or an alteration of an Intuit logo.
- Business or company logos shouldn't contain an Intuit brand or program designation.
- Business or company sites are not permitted to link to websites unaffiliated with Intuit if the site uses an Intuit brand in the company name or website domain.
- Brand iconography used on the website
- Intuit logos larger than the business logo
- Business or company name and/or logo should appear at the top of a company's website, so clients quickly recognize you. Intuit brands, logos, and badges shouldn't appear at the top of a company's website.
- ProAdvisors are not permitted to use the Intuit logo.
- Business name and/or logo should appear larger than any Intuit brand or Intuit logo; this includes program badges and QuickBooks logos.
- Intuit-provided logos shouldn't be stretched or altered; this includes authorized logos and program badges.
- You may be using one of the following phrases on your website. These phrases are inaccurate representations of your QuickBooks ProAdvisor status and should be avoided.
- Intuit Certified ProAdvisor
- Intuit/QuickBooks Bookkeeper
- Intuit/QuickBooks Accounting
- Intuit/QuickBooks Accountant
- The website doesn't exist
- Website - Security Certificate
We are unable to view the website you intend to publish as part of your profile. Part of our review is to ensure that your website complies with our QuickBooks ProAdvisor Program Agreement and our QuickBooks ProAdvisor Member Guide for Brand Use.
There are several reasons for this:
- Your website may be under construction.
- You may have a security setting or issue with your security certificate preventing us from viewing the website.
You may either correct the issues or remove the website from our profile and resubmit for approval.
Brand Language Issues
- Branded support language
- Relationship representation
QuickBooks and Intuit shouldn't be the brand of a company's service.
- Prohibited: QuickBooks Training
- Permitted: Training for QuickBooks
You must be transparent about your relationship with Intuit. You shouldn't imply that you're affiliated with Intuit beyond your membership in the QuickBooks ProAdvisor and/or Solution Provider programs. The following terms should be avoided.
- Partner or Partnership
- [The] Official QuickBooks [ProAdvisor/Solution Provider]
- Exclusive Partner, Exclusive Member, or Exclusive [ProAdvisor/Solution Provider]
You need to re-verify your profile if you update any of the following personal and firm information:
- First and last name
- Firm name
- Address (including city) and Province/Territory
- Postal code
- Email address
- Office phone
- Mobile phone
This re-verification is temporary, and during this time your profile remains published. If your profile fails re-verification, you need to resubmit the required identity documents.
If you fail to resubmit the required documents within 7 days, your profile will be un-verified and removed from the Find-a-ProAdvisor website.