Spreadsheet Sync’s advanced report template includes a Simple Management Report. This template automatically downloads data from QuickBooks Online and turns it into a formatted table.
To open an advanced report template, select Get Started in the toolbar, then select Advanced template.
- Under Set Template, select Simple Management Report to open a package of formatted spreadsheets.
What you should know about advanced report templates
The Simple Management Report includes the following formatted spreadsheets:
- Trial Balance - Multiple period
- Balance Sheet
Creating an advanced report
- In the toolbar, select Get Started.
- In the How do you want to start window, select Advanced template.
- Select Set Template to choose an advanced report.
- Under the Company or Group dropdown, select the company data you want to use.
- Select Company Settings in the toolbar to access companies or groups assigned to you.
- Select Refresh.
- In the Refresh multiple sheets window, make sure the company is selected in the first field, All Sheets. Then:
- Uncheck the Apply the same filters I used before box if you wish to add data categories or preset filters and select Refresh.
- If you don’t wish to customize report filters, check the Apply the same filters I used before box and select Refresh.
- In the Add/Edit filter window:
- In the Filter Name field, enter a name to save your filters as a preset or choose a previously saved preset.
- Under Filters, choose the sample time period and comparative periods for your data by changing the values in the template's Notes & Controls page.
- In the grey box, select the month, year, data period, and comparative data periods.
- Values only need to be filled once for the three sheets in the Simple Management report. However, the parameters window will open three successive times, one time for each sheet. Select Refresh each time.
- Under Filters, you can also select Class, Location, or Accounting method depending on the report. You can also select the type of report layout (standard, report, or detailed, or showing periods as rows).
- Under Options, choose whether to download in an Excel Table or Raw Data format and select Refresh.
Note: Data for each sheet of the Simple Management report will download separately. Select Refresh each time the Parameters window opens. Once the report is generated, a Report synced successfully window appears.
Formatting your report
You can add or delete columns and rows to format the report. Spreadsheet Sync will save your formatting preferences. (Note: deleted rows can't be recovered).