Learn how to cancel your QuickBooks Self-Employed subscription or free trial.
We’re sorry to see you go. If QuickBooks Self-Employed isn’t quite right for you, you can cancel your subscription with few easy steps. Follow the steps based on where you bought your subscription from: directly from QuickBooks or a mobile app store.
If you just want to start fresh, here's how to delete your QuickBooks Self-Employed data.
|Note: If you cancel your subscription, you can access QuickBooks Self-Employed through the end of your billing period. We'll keep your data for one year after. You need to follow the steps to resubscribe to access it again.|
Cancel a free trial
Your 30-day QuickBooks Self-Employed trial expires automatically. Since you didn't give us any billing info, we won't bill you.
If you want to end your subscription right now:
- Sign in to QuickBooks Self-Employed in a web browser. You can't cancel from the QuickBooks mobile app.
- Select the Gear ⚙ icon.
- In the About you section, select Cancel Trial.
Cancel your subscription bought through a mobile app store
On an iPhone or iPad (iOS)
Follow these steps if you bought QuickBooks Self-Employed from the Apple app store or iTunes. You can also follow the steps from Apple.
- Open Settings on your iPhone or iPad.
- Select iTunes & App Store.
- Sign in to your apple account. Then select your Apple ID.
- Select View Apple ID.
- Under Active, select Manage.
- Select QuickBooks Self-Employed.
- Select Cancel Subscription.
On an Android phone or tablet
Follow these steps if you bought QuickBooks Self-Employed from Google Play. You can also follow the steps from Google.
- Open Google Play on your phone or tablet,
- Sign in to your Google account.
- Select the menu ☰ icon.
- In the Subscriptions section, look for QuickBooks Self-Employed.
- Select Cancel.
|Tip: Uninstalling the QuickBooks Self-Employed app from your mobile device won't cancel your subscription.|