Learn how to turn off direct deposit for an employee in QuickBooks Online Payroll.
Do you want to temporarily turn off direct deposit for an employee? You may do this when you need to create a paper cheque for one payroll (or for a bonus or commission).
We'll show you how to turn off direct deposit in QuickBooks Online Payroll.
Turn off direct deposit
QuickBooks Online Payroll
- Select Payroll, then select Employees.
- Select Run Payroll.
- Select the Direct deposit icon next to the employee's name.
- Select Paper cheque.
- Preview and submit the rest of your payroll as usual.
- The employee's cheque won't be marked for direct deposit.
- You'll be asked to enter a cheque number before printing.
- If you want to make a permanent change to the employee's pay method, make the change in the employee's profile settings.
If you have any questions about direct deposit, contact us.