Learn how to get the newest payroll tax table in QuickBooks Desktop Payroll to stay compliant with paycheque calculations.
The payroll tax tables provide up-to-date, accurate rates and calculations for federal and supported state taxes, payroll tax forms, and e-file and e-pay options. You need an active QuickBooks Desktop Payroll subscription to update your tax table.
If you use QuickBooks Online Payroll, your tax tables are automatically updated. You don't need to take any action.
Note: Your EI rate isn’t part of the normal tax table updates in QuickBooks Desktop Payroll. You need to update it manually.
Check or download the latest tax table
- Go to Employees, then select Get Payroll Updates.
- To find your tax table version:
- Check the number next to You are using tax table version:.
- To identify if it’s the correct version, see the latest payroll news and updates.
- To find more details on your tax table version, select Payroll Update Info.
- To get the latest tax table:
- Select Download Entire Update.
- Select Update. An informational window appears when the download is complete.
Troubleshoot payroll tax table update errors
You might see some errors when you update the payroll tax table. Here are some common ones:
- PSXXX errors
- 15XXX errors
- UEXP error
Additional actions to make sure your paycheques are compliant
- Update QuickBooks to make sure you get the full functionality of payroll updates.
- Complete setup of any new state taxes usually introduced at the start of a calendar year. You may need to go to the Payroll Centre and start creating paycheques to get a prompt to set up a new tax for your state.