Find information on the latest payroll update (22116) as well as earlier release updates.
QuickBooks Desktop Payroll provides payroll updates to QuickBooks Desktop Payroll subscribers. These updates provide the most current and accurate rates and calculations for supported state and federal tax tables, payroll tax forms and e-file and pay options. For more information about payroll updates, see FAQs on QuickBooks Desktop Payroll updates.
The latest Payroll Update is 22116, released on September 16, 2021.
In the sections below, we provide information and links to recent and previous updates.
What’s included in Payroll Update 22116 (September 16, 2021)
Tax Table Update
- This Payroll Update includes other changes for: Indiana, Louisiana, and Massachusetts.
- For Enhanced Payroll for Accountants payroll subscribers, this Payroll Update contains a federal form that was updated: Form 941 for Reporting Agents.
- For Standard and Enhanced payroll subscribers this Payroll Update contains federal forms that were updated: Forms 941 and 941X.
- For Enhanced payroll subscribers, this Payroll Update includes a state form that was updated for the following state: Nebraska.
E-File and Pay Update
- There are no E-File & Pay updates in this Payroll Update.
|Note: If you do not have Auto-Update enabled, close and re-open QuickBooks after downloading tax table updates to complete the installation process.|
Find recent payroll updates
For a complete overview of the most recent payroll update, select your product year from the list below:
Or access this info from your QuickBooks Desktop company file:
- Select Employees, then select Get Payroll Updates.
- Select Payroll Update Info.
Summary of Past Payroll Updates
|Payroll Update Number||Date Released|
Payroll News: Stay up to date
The Payroll News section includes federal, state, or payroll-related news articles that could affect your payroll.
- What's changing with the Federal W-4?
- What you need to know about the Families First Coronavirus Response Act
States in General
Changes in QuickBooks Desktop Tax Tracking Types