Find information on the latest payroll update (22202) as well as earlier release updates.
QuickBooks Desktop Payroll provides payroll updates to QuickBooks Desktop Payroll subscribers. These updates provide the most current and accurate rates and calculations for supported state and federal tax tables, payroll tax forms and e-file and pay options. For more information about payroll updates, see FAQs on QuickBooks Desktop Payroll updates.
The latest Payroll Update is 22202, released on January 13, 2022.
In the sections below, we provide information and links to recent and previous updates.
What’s included in Payroll Update 22202 (January 13, 2022)
Tax Table Update
- New withholding tables for: Illinois, Kentucky, Michigan, Missouri, North Carolina, and Oregon.
- Minnesota: Wage limit for state unemployment insurance (UI) and Workforce Enhancement Fee increased to $38,000 from $35,000.
- North Dakota: Wage limit for state unemployment insurance (UI) decreased to $38,400 from $38,500.
- Oregon: Oregon Lane Transit District (LTD) rate increased to 0.77% from 0.76% effective 1/1/2022.
Oregon Tri-Met Transit District rate increased to 0.7937% from 0.7837%.
QuickBooks supports only 3 decimal places, so the rate has been rounded up to 0.794% from 0.784% effective 1/1/2022.
- Rhode Island: Wage limit for state disability insurance (DI) increased to $81,500 from $74,000.
State disability insurance (DI) rate decreased to 1.10% from 1.30% effective 1/1/2022.
- Vermont: Wage limit for state unemployment insurance (UI) increased to $15,500 from $14,100.
- There are no forms updates in this Payroll Update.
E-File and Pay Update
- There are no E-file & Pay updates in this Payroll Update.
|Note: If you do not have Auto-Update enabled, close and re-open QuickBooks after downloading tax table updates to complete the installation process.|
Find recent payroll updates
For a complete overview of the most recent payroll update, select your product year from the list below:
Or access this info from your QuickBooks Desktop company file:
- Select Employees, then select Get Payroll Updates.
- Select Payroll Update Info.
Summary of Past Payroll Updates
|Payroll Update Number||Date Released|
Payroll News: Stay up to date
The Payroll News section includes federal, state, or payroll-related news articles that could affect your payroll.
- What's changing with the Federal W-4?
- What you need to know about the Families First Coronavirus Response Act
States in General
Changes in QuickBooks Desktop Tax Tracking Types