Learn how to get the newest tax table in QuickBooks Payroll to stay compliant with paycheck calculations.
The payroll tax tables provide up-to-date, accurate rates and calculations for federal and supported state taxes, payroll tax forms, and e-file and e-pay options. You need an active QuickBooks Desktop Payroll subscription to update your tax table.
If you use QuickBooks Online Payroll, your tax tables are automatically updated. You don't need to take any action.
Note: Your SUI rate isn’t part of the normal tax table updates in QuickBooks Desktop Payroll. You need to update it manually.
Check or download the latest tax table
- Go to Employees, then select Get Payroll Updates.
- To know your tax table version:
- Check the number next to You are using tax table version:.
- To identify if it’s the correct version, see the latest payroll news and updates.
- To find more details on your tax table version, select Payroll Update Info.
- To get the latest tax table:
- Select Download Entire Update.
- Select Update. An informational window appears when the download is complete.
Troubleshoot payroll tax table update errors
You might see some errors when you update the payroll tax table. Here are some common ones and how to fix them: