Learn how to update your credit card for your QuickBooks Online subscription.
Updating your credit card information for your QuickBooks Online subscription is easy. We'll show you how.
Before you get started
A few things to know:
- Only a Master Administrator or Company Administrator user can update payment information for your account.
- Payment information updates must be done using QuickBooks Online in a web browser. You won't be able to update payment information from the mobile app.
- If you purchased your QuickBooks Online subscription through an app store (iOS or Android), you need to update your payment information through the app store directly.
To change or update your credit card information
Currently, you can pay for QuickBooks Online with MasterCard, Visa, or AMEX. EFT and ACH are not accepted.
Also, if you have QuickBooks Online bundled with Payroll, updating your credit card information in QuickBooks Online automatically updates your Payroll subscription.
- Select the Gear icon on the Toolbar, then choose Account and Settings.
- Select the Billing & Subscription tab.
- Under Payment method, select Edit.
- Enter the full credit card information by typing in the complete card number, name on card, expiration date, and security code. Verify the billing address In QuickBooks Online is the same billing address on the credit card statement.
- Select Save Changes.
Additional things to know:
- If you receive the error "The credit card number does not match the card type", make sure you enter the full credit card number and verify the credit card type (Visa, Master Card, Amex) is correct.
- If you want to switch between monthly and annual payments, make your selection under Billing Frequency.
- If you can't access or change this information, contact your company's Master Administrator. And ask them to update your user access rights. See What different types of users can we have in our company? for more information.
- If you have the correct access level to make billing changes and you still can't update the credit card, see Subscription Payment Options for QuickBooks Online for payment options or call QuickBooks Customer Care.