Learn how to move your existing client list to a different profile.
Do you have more than one QuickBooks Online Accountant profile? Does everyone at your firm have individual profiles? Do you want to manage everything from a single profile?
You can now easily move clients from one profile to another. The tool simply transfers your client list. You won't lose any data and can still access your old profile. This lets you manage all of your firm's clients and work in one place so your team stays organized.
Transfer your client list
- Sign in to QuickBooks Online Accountant as a master admin.
- Select Settings ⚙ and then Transfer clients.
- Review the profile in the Transfer to section. This is the one you want to move clients to. To change it, select Change firm and then the profile. Then select Next.
- In the Transfer from section, select the profile you want to move clients from. Then select Next.
- Select the checkboxes for the clients you want to move. You can select everyone or specific clients. This includes wholesale QuickBooks Online clients. Note: You can't move clients with wholesale billed payroll, Payroll Tax Online, or Intuit Tax Online. These features are attached to your original accountant profile.
- When you're ready, select Transfer clients.
The transfer is automatic. When it's finished, select Done or Move more clients if you want to move clients to another profile.
Tip: If you're combining all of your firm's client lists into one, don't forget to add your employees to the profile you plan to keep.