There are three Bank Feed modes available in QuickBooks Desktop. Each mode displays and handles transactions in your Bank Feeds differently.
To switch between Bank Feeds modes:
Before you switch modes, make sure QuickBooks Desktop is updated to the latest release and you're using single-user mode.
- From the QuickBooks Edit menu, select Preferences.
- On the left pane, choose Checking then go to the Company Preferences tab.
- In the Bank Feeds section, select either
- Advanced Mode: This uses the Transactions List window to add or match transactions. You can quickly update transactions for future matches or create rules to automatically recognize and match transactions to your books.
- Express Mode: This uses the Transactions List window to add or match transactions. Renaming rules are created automatically.
- Classic Mode: This uses the account register to add or match transactions. Aliases match names exactly and you control when aliases are created.
- Select OK.